Friday 12 October 2007

How to make a Flickr badge with your photos

You will see I have placed a Flickr badge in my Jay Gee blog down the right hand side. I’ve set it up to do a running display of my photos tagged with the tag “Western Australian Wildflowers”

If you want to do this it’s dead easy if you already have a group of your photos in Flickr.

Click on the bottom of my badge where it says “what is this?” and then click “make your own badge”. This it links you straight thru to the 5 step process in Flickr. There are two types of badge to choose from: HTML or Flash. Mine is a Flash badge. What you finally end up with is some HTML coding which you can add as an extra element to your blog. You just cut and paste this into the blog element template that allows HTML coding.

Some libraries are using this to advertise new books or databases.

No comments: